1. The ability to meet humanitys needs without
harming future generations is now a top priority in most corporate agenda
2. This is a historically popular technique
through which managers create a quick overview of a company’s strategic
situationit is based on achieving a sound fit between internal resources and
the external situation.
Value chain analysis
3. New-to-the-world products are ________.
new products that create an entirely new market
existing products that are targeted to new
low-cost products designed to obtain an edge in
highly competitive markets
new product enhancements that supplement established
4. Prestige LLC, a small company that
manufactures specialty cereals and energy bars, wants to launch a “green
marketing” program in response to heightened consumer awareness about
environmental issues. What should the company do to maximize the program’s
chances of being successful?
Demonstrate that the products will benefit both
customers and the society in the long-term.
Focus on the efforts and costs incurred by the
company to bring these “green” products to consumers.
Emphasize benefits to the consumer rather than
Explain the rules and regulations laid out by
governmental agencies to protect the environment.
5. BMW’s “The ultimate driving
machine,” American Express’ “Don’t leave home without it,” New
York Times’ “All the news that’s fit to print,” and AT&T’s
“Reach out and touch someone” are all examples of ________.
6. A company that attempts to lead its
industry in price and convenience by pursuing a focus on lean and efficient
operations is pursuing what strategy?
7. This is an important structural decision
and resultant separate activities need to be coordinated and integrated back
together as a whole so the business functions effectively.
8. Marketers need to identify the hierarchy of
attributes that guide consumer decision making in order to understand different
competitive forces and how these various sets get formed. This process of
identifying the hierarchy is called ________.
9. When performing this analysis, it is good for
strategic planners to consider similarities between the benefits the customers
derive from the products and services that other firms offer.
10. Leaders galvanize commitment to embrace
change through clarifying strategic intent, building an organization, and
shaping organizational culture
developing a mission
developing a vision
11. Large-scale, future-oriented plans for
interacting with the competitive environment to achieve the company objective
refers to its
12. Under which of the following conditions is
the frequency the most important factor in media selection?
When there is high consumer resistance to the
When going into undefined target markets
When introducing flanker brands
When launching infrequently purchased brands
13. Which component of a marketing audit
includes major developments in income, prices, savings, and credit that affect
14. This is designed to check systematically
and continuously whether the premises on which the strategy is based are still
Special alert control
15. With ________ as a target market strategy,
the firm concentrates on serving many needs of a particular customer group.
16. What is the perceived monetary value of
the bundle of economic, functional, and psychological benefits customers expect
from a given market offering because of the product, service, people, and
Complete marketing benefit
Ultimate service benefit
Total customer benefit
Total management benefit
17. These social responsibilities are those
that are voluntarily assumed by a business or organization. They include public
relations activities, good citizenship, and full corporate social
18. When diversification involves additions of
a business related to the firm in terms of technology, markets or products, it
19. One of the ways to change the course of a
brand is to modify the product. Under product modification, ________ adds size,
weight, materials, supplements, and accessories that expand the products
performance, versatility, safety, or convenience.
20. Firms using this generic strategy attempt
to build customer loyalty by stressing a specific product attribute above other
21. A set of ideas on organizational control
based on the belief that the separation of the ownership from management
creates the potential for the wishes of owners to be ignored refers to
the moral hazard problem
22. A firm must know where to position its
product based on price and
23. A valuable result of task environment
analysis with respect to geographic, demographic, psychographic and
buyer-behavior factors is called
24. Which control should periodically reassess
its approach to the marketplace with a good marketing audit?
25. The strategic factor that involves the beliefs,
values, attitudes, opinions, and lifestyles of persons in the firms external
environment, as developed from cultural, ecological, demographic, religious,
educational, and ethnic conditioning.
26. A company can learn a great deal by
analyzing the degrees of brand loyalty. For example, ________ can show the firm
which brands are most competitive with its own.
27. How do functional tactics compare to
Functional tactics are more focused on the general
direction of the firm than business strategies.
Functional tactics are more long-term than business
Functional tactics are more focused on a commitment
to corporate strategy than business strategies.
Functional tactics are more specific than business
28. Company X’s principal strength is its
inbound and outbound logistics system; its relative weakness, however, is
after-sales service. Its competitor, Company Y, however is often plagued with
lagging shipments and an inflexible distribution setup. Company Y remains
successful because it maintains a fully staffed service department and, as a
result, the company is known for its dependable service. This type of analysis
allows them to identify ways to build on relative strengths and avoid dependence
on capabilities at which the other firm excels.
Past performance comparison
29. The marketing manager needs to know the
cost of the research project before approving it. During which stage of the
marketing research process would such a consideration most likely take place?
Step 1 defining the problem
Step 4 analyzing the information
Step 5 drafting the report
Step 2 developing the research plan
30. What type of strategy consists of
geographical pricing, price discounts and allowances, promotional pricing, and
1. The ability to meet humanitys needs without